Theme: From Enrichment to Immersion, From Language to Literacy 多样丰富的中文课程与教学策略
Date: Saturday, May 06, 2017 from 9:20 am to 4:45 pm
Location: Creveling Room, Pasadena City College, 1570 E. Colorado Blvd, Pasadena, CA 91106
*** 9:35-9:50an Taichi Demonstration and Exercise bu Aiguo Chang!
To view photos – click here.
CLTA-SC Pedagogy Workshop 2017
I. Morning Keynote Presentations (10:00am – 12:10pm):
* Finding the Missing Pieces between Learning Objectives and Student Performance by Nyan-Ping Bi（畢念平）, University of Washington in Seattle.
* 全美中文沉浸式项目的现状、发展与挑战 by Ms. Shin Chi Fame Kao (高实琪), K-12 Chinese Outreach Coordinator, Confucius Institute at the University of Utah
II. Afternoon Sessions :
A) Creveling Lounge
* Practical Examples and applications with Integrated Chinese, Nyan-ping Bi (畢念平)
* 沉浸式双语教学法 DLI Teaching Strategies, Shin Chi Fame Kao (高實琪),Confucius Institute at the Univ. of Utah
2017SP_Student Centered PPT –Shin Chi Kao
* “閱讀! 悅讀!” – 閱讀理論在中文教學裡的理論與實踐 Kevin Chou (鄒仲綱), California State Univ., Los Angeles/ Former Immersion Teacher in Barnard Asian Pacific Language Academy
3:15pm -4:30pm (Creveling Lounge)
“Share and Tell” (10-15 minutes per topic)
a. 借助影视画面编写故事并配音，促进写作与口语教学(Yan Shen, Asian Languages & Cultures, UCLA)
b. 從顏真卿到蘇東坡 – Encounter of Chinese calligraphy and poetry (Lillian Kao, Pasadena City College)
c. TAPPLE (Shiangyun Wu, Gahr HS and Whitney HS)
d. Goal Setting for Chinese Language Instruction (Minqi Zhu, Long Beach Polytechnic High School)
e. 有趣的課堂活動(Sarah Yang and Josephine Chuang, Eleanor Roosevelt High School)
f. Cultural Chinese, (Kevin Chou , California State University, Los Angeles)
Six PowerPoint Slides from above presentation in One: 2017SP_Share and Tell
Exhibition (12:30pm – 4:30pm):
Cheng & Tsui Company
Phoenix Tree Publishing Inc. (Chicago)
Ponddy Education Inc.
REGISTRATION: Lunch and refreshments are available for this workshop.
Chinese Language Teachers’ Association of Southern California (CLTA-SC)
Education Division, Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in Los Angeles (TECO)
Cheng & Tsui Company