Engaging Students through Technology
Today’s students are more tech-savvy than ever before. It’s almost like they are programed to learn a different way than traditional past methods. It simply makes sense to integrate technology in the classroom since it has become so integral to the world outside of the classroom and today’s students are accustomed to it.
Date and time: Saturday, October 26, 2013, 1:30-5:30 P.M.
Venue: Irvine Valley College, 5500 Irvine Center Drive, Irvine
B300 Building B354 Language Acquisition Center
Part I: iPad in the classroom
1. iPad Apps for teaching and learning (Joanne Chen, IVC)
2. Airplay Receiver – AirServer and Screen-O-Matic (Xie Tianwei, CSU Long Beach)
Part II: Teachers sharing tools they used in their classroom
1. Voicethread: Gu Minhua (Vistamar School)
2. Mybrain Shark video: Yang Ying (UC Irvine)
3. Class Web site and Remind 101 (Melissa Cheng, Pasadena High School)
Part III: Hands on Workshop
1. Voicethread: Online Presentation tool [ voicethread.com ]
2. Mybrain Shark: Online Presentation tool [ www.brainshark.com ]
3. Screen-O-Matic: Screen Casting tool [ www.screencast-o-matic.com ]